Thursday, October 13, 2011

THE HUDSON LA - RUGGED GENIUS

So after work today, I went with some of my coworkers to The Hudson LA which is only about a mile from our work location (yes that was a lot of 'works' in that sentence, oh wait another one). The place wasn't that packed yet, but the atmosphere was very rugged with wooden tables, and dark plush couch like seats.




Since it was Happy Hour, I ordered a Bellitini which was SO GOOD & STRONG (maybe because I'm a lightweight :/). I was very tempted to get another drink, but I still had a bit of a commute back home, womp. Off the menu, I got the Jalapeno Mac & Cheese with Bacon and the Fried Chicken Sliders. The mac was pretty good, just ultra cheesy. You need to eat that stuff fast while it's still hot. Then the sliders were okay, I just felt like I ate something really bad for me afterwards which didn't sit well in my mind haha. I mean this is a bit off tangent but for lunch I had half a burrito, then for dinner for mac and fried chicken sliders. This only means that I have to workout hard this week.




So to be more descriptive, the water was served in like little jars with a glass bottle of water provided at the table, just like at Bottega Louie. The Happy Hour was pretty great though with the foods priced at $6, beers $3, and well drinks $4. The service was great, though the food took awhile to come out, maybe because it was Happy Hour? I know for a fact I will come back to this spot, especially with my coworkers. It's very low-key, chill, and reasonably priced.



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me
Camille