Friday, October 21, 2011

THE CHURCHILL - DARK HORSE

So I was pleased to go to a Soft Opening of The Churchill this past Wednesday with my co-workers. First I was stressing out because of the parking situation, it is literally impossible to find a parking spot in that area because of so many shops/eateries and permit parking only types going on. Luckily, The Churchill has complementary valet with validation!




Walking in, the place is totally decorated with a mix of modern/old school elements. The basic outlay is made of dark wood with wooden tables and dark leather couches with studded detailing. Since it was a soft opening, the place was pretty packed so I had the pleasure of enjoying the complementary wines/beers. Being that I'm a classy lady, I opted for the white wine which was pretty good. I wouldn't call myself a wine or beer person, but if I had to pick it would definitely be wine, white wine too. I just feel like all wines and beers taste the same, but anyways...




The Churchill is two stories with similar decor, very dimly lit. A cool factoid is that they have the only woodfire oven pizza maker that still exists. It can make pizzas in three minutes! Upstairs is also a photobooth where you can take pics for $3, and a DJ was also present for the event though the music was hard to hear since it was so loud in there. I need to come back here for their food which all looked delicious, but from the little taste I've encountered, this will definitely be a spot to come back to.



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me