Wednesday, October 5, 2011

REST IN PEACE STEVE JOBS




So at work today I get this news on how the co-founder of Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, passed away today at the age of 56 due to a rare form of pancreatic cancer. To hear this news, made me pretty sad for some reason. I wasn't one who gave in to the Apply Hype that came along with this current generation. Instead of an iPod, I got a Zune, instead of a Mac I got an Acer. But last year, things changed when I purchased my own MacBook Pro and I LOVE IT! I also want the latest iPod Nano, it helps when you have iTune on your computer because you can put the latest songs on the MP3 player. I'm so lazy to constantly charge my Zune and re-download songs to put on it, so I just listen to whatever songs are on there, which aren't exactly current. I'm also a big fan of the iPhone 4...camera that is. It's so good, unlike my BlackBerry. My dad is even talking about getting me an iPad for Christmas. I feel like this current generation of people have no choice but to get some type of Apple product.




Steve Jobs had a gift of knowing what others wanted before they even did. Hence creating Macintosh, reinventing the MP3 with the iPod, launched the first legal music online store with iTunes, caused fan uproar in the cellphone market with the iPhone, and started the electronic tablet market with the iPad.




Being a 21 year old college dropout from Reed College, he helped lead Apple into a multimillion dollar company. Leaving the company at the age of 30, he started a computer technology firm called Next that helped create the World Wide Web. He also took over computer animation company Pixar for a little bit that helped produce such big hits as "Toy Story" and "Finding Nemo". He then returned back to Apple while in his 40s.




Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004, he took a medical leave of absence from Apple 2008, then received a liver transplant in 2009. On August 24 of this year, he resigned as Apple CEO and became chairman of board. Though everyone knew his health wasn't in a good place, no one expected Steve Jobs to pass away so soon. Maybe he knew that his life would not go on that much longer which explains his resignation as CEO but one thing for certain is that he was such a great innovator. He strongly believed in working for what you love and to keep searching until you find that one love. Creating all these great things wasn't a job to him, because he truly believed in his work and loved it to the fullest. It is clear through all these FB statuses that Steve Jobs was such an inspiration to all. Rest in peace...






You Just Do You, Imma Do Me
Camille