Friday, October 21, 2011

ONYX LOUNGE - SLEEK & CLASSY

So I was doing extensive research about a good spot to go to on a Thursday night which is not easy! As you know in L.A., it's really about who you know, and I wouldn't exactly call myself the "Jack of All Trades". The people I went with wanted a lounge-y spot where there is dancing, which again wasn't necessarily easy to find in Los Angeles on a Thursday.




That's when I decided to go to Onyx Lounge, mainly because I saw they had a late night Happy Hour from 10PM-Close. I was so surprised that this place was not packed at all, especially because it was basically 10PM and I was in a rush to get there on our scheduled RSVP which we were 30 minutes late for! The man who seated us and our waitress were the best! They had the best personalities and were very knowledgeable with everything that's on the menu. They're recommendations for food and drinks were impeccable, I enjoyed everything I tried there.

I ordered the Sparkling Cocktail: Dita
Sour Cocktail: Papa Doble and FIDM Cup
Food: Spicy Garlic Fries and Chicken Croquette





The Papa Doble, the first drink of the night I ordered was AMAZING! I could probably drink this all day. It was very tasty, yet strong, but very fresh. The Dita was also very good, it was pretty girly and sweet. The FIDM Cup was very different, it was okay but not in my usual taste interest. As for the food, everyone basically ordered the Spicy Garlic Fries, which were awesome and made your breath smelled like straight up garlic. The Chicken Croquette was also amazing, which came with Almond Aioli.




As for the entertainment, there was a man who had such a great voice. He was playing an instrument, and I swear he can make any song his own. I loved it, and I loved Onyx Lounge for it's sleek and classy affair. Everyone needs to check it out and I will definitely go back!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille