Monday, October 10, 2011

BOTTEGA LOUIE - ITALIAN CHIC

So today, my godsister and I had the pleasure of going to BOTTEGA LOUIE in L.A. I heard of this place before but never really got around to looking it up enough to go there. Well thank you godsister for giving me a reason to actually explore new things.




I think the one reason why I don't necessarily like to go "exploring" is because of the parking situation! Not only do the one-way streets make this task more difficult, but how can anyone regularly find parking? One place had $6 for only 2 HOURS, even metered street parking costs $4 FOR ONE HOUR! Eventually we settled at a $5 spot and walked 2 blocks. Walking those two blocks felt so much like NYC for me, with all the high buildings blocking out the sun and the liveliness of the streets. Too bad Downtown Los Angeles doesn't get a great rep when the sun goes down...




So arriving at this place looked super fancy. The decor was so clean with all white marble/stone and dark brown seating. What I loved was the openness of the place and the high ceilings. It definitely brought a lot of light into the space, though I think the "open" effect of Bottega Louie contributed to the really high volume of noise throughout the restaurant. It was pretty loud in there, where you basically have to speak up, maybe even yell a bit to get a clear message across.




We ended up ordering the pizza which we halfed Pepperoni/Mushroom, then also shared the Orecchiette pasta. The pasta was okay, but the pizza was on a 'WHOLE NOTHA LEVEL'. I think I have an idea why the pizza was pretty bomb...THE MOZZARELLA. If you haven't tried this type of cheese on a pizza, then you are seriously missing something in your life. I could've just settled with a just a plain Mozzarella pizza, but the pepperonis and mushrooms gave it that extra flavor. With those two entrees, we were pretty stuffed by sharing the pasta, and eating one slice of our pizza only! There are six slices in pizza which are pretty big to say the least.




At the end of our meal, we of course had to make a stop in the dessert section where Bottega Louie is known for their macarons, but actually all their desserts looks DELICIOUS!!! I WANTED ALL OF THEM but couldn't really afford to get a lot so I managed to get 3 macarons: Vanilla, Salted Caramel, and Rose, in addition to the Beignet filled with chocolate! Each macaron cost $1.75, while a Beignet is between $1-$1.50, so I had to take it easy the first time.


[Photo Credit: http://tastingsf.blogspot.com/2011/05/bottega-louie-los-angeles.html]

I will definitely come back to Bottega Louie for it's beautiful atmosphere and food, especially the pizza! And now that my mom liked her Rose macaron, I guess I shall go back and get some for her. From the small taste I had today, I will come back to this place for sure.



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me
Camille