Tuesday, October 4, 2011

KNOTTS BERRY FARM - LAND OF HEADACHES




So yesterday I went to Knott's Berry Farm to celebrate my last free day before my full time job which started today. I haven't been there since I was a sophomore in high school, and I always used to go there! It was nice revisiting the land of childhood memories, especially since they've added a lot more rides, well so it seemed.




Going on a Monday, the place was not packed at all. The longest we had to wait for any ride was like 5 minutes. The biggest disappointment we were first met with was that Ghostrider (my fave ride at Knotts) was closed for the day. What also sucked was that since it was so empty, only a few food places were open, like they were picking where we should eat! We chose Lucy's Lunch Box in Camp Snoopy where I got a foot long corn dog for $7, but the ridiculous part was making your food choice a meal which included fries and a drink for...$8 more! WTF RIDIQ KNOTT'S, TOTALLY RIDIQ!!! I was really looking forward to eating at this place that had carne asada fries, but NOO0O0O it was closed! By the way, parking on a Monday with no one there was $14, another rip-off.




If you were wondering if this was a bash Knotts post, YOU ARE WRONG. We basically rode on every ride but Ghostrider (wah :() and Montezuma's Revenge because they kept having tech difficulties. We managed to make our way around the park riding every ride possible in like about 2 hrs or a little less. After eating lunch, the headache kicked in which didn't make the 2nd round of riding very painful. I don't know if it was the combination of all those rides right after another with no rest period, or all the laughing/screaming happening on all those rides...maybe all of thee above?! PROBABLY. But yea I had the worst headache, so towards the end wasn't enjoyable to ride. One thing for certain is that I will never ride Boomerang again! And once you have a headache, DO NOT GO ON SILVER BULLET! Or anything that has you locked in on both sides of your head because it guarantees some head trauma. I was actually scared of Windrunner, the tallest ride at the park where it's basically a really high swing. It was taller than Supreme Scream and it felt like something was going to go wrong with the height and the lightness of the swings, not to mention it was cold up there!




My favorite rides of the day were the Pony Express because it was sso0o0o0o fun and Supreme Scream because it was def fun and not as scary as it used to be. I remember my younger days, I'd hate/like going on it because it was so slow going up and it was so scary being so high. But this time around going up was a lot faster, so there wasn't much dreaded anticipation. Another fun ride was Bigfoot Rapids which we rode twice. The girls got soaked while the guys barely did. It was fun because we made sure we didn't move and just let chance and the water take us. Overall, Knotts was a good time reminded me of my childhood minus the headache.






You Just Do You, Imma Do Me
Camille