Monday, October 17, 2011

LOLA'S WEHO - OLD SCHOOL FLAV

My friend who just moved to L.A. and I finally got together to get some Happy Hour! Even though I was born in L.A. COUNTY DOES NOT MEAN I KNOW WHERE TO GO IN L.A.! So during my free times at work, I was doing some good ole' research on where to go around the West Hollywood area and my friend decided Lola's.




First off, it's great being only five minutes away from the place. The place opens at 5:30PM, perfect for right after work where they have a good happy hour list that's not that small compared to places I've seen. Since parking in Los Angeles is not the easiest thing, we decided not to do valet ($5 just to eat there? Excuse me but no!) We actually scored a spot on a side street close by the place, hehe.




Walking in, the Happy Hour and bar areas were very dimly lit while the seated dining area had more light. Since it was a seat yourself type deal, we chose the area with the pool table and hardly any light, literally! The only lighting was really the candle on our table which made ordering off the menu pretty ridiculous because I felt like I was going blind! Since Lola's was Home of the Apple Martini, you know what I ordered! It definitely packed a punch, tasting like Sour Apple vodka and had a huge green apple slice in it. I forgot what my friend ordered but it was good, had a better taste than mine because it wasn't that strong. We then shared the Calamari and 2 sliders with Fries which came in a great portion especially those fries, my favorite!




Though we both were on a schedule, we couldn't stay there as long as we wanted, but will definitely check this place out again! It had a sort of Hollywood vibe to it with pictures hanging of popular musicians and celebrities. I mean check out their menu in general, most notably the drink menu where the martinis are named after popular celebrities or infamous Hollywood spots. I LOVE LOLA'S! IT'S SO CUTE AND LOW KEY!!! TOTES RECOMMEND IT!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille