Friday, September 30, 2011

ZINC LOUNGE AT SHADE HOTEL MANHATTAN BEACH

So when I took my parents out for sushi about a month ago, we were walking around this little shopping center at the beginning of the pier when I noticed this cute little lounge. It is actually a part of Shade Hotel called Zinc Lounge.




I came with a few friends to just chill and catch up, and it was the perfect place to do so! There was plenty of seating areas available, and yes you don't need a reservation or special privileges to sit there. Once you walk inside and you see an open space, you can go right ahead and sit down!




The menu of small plates was minimal compared to the list of drinks. They all seemed so delicious I had no idea what to get. I opted for the 'Strawberry Pop' which again to my disappointment in a champagne glass. From this day forward, I will never order a drink that says to have champagne in it, because it will be in a champagne glass and I want a real size cocktail drink! It also didn't help that it wasn't that good, but I guess it was pretty strong? I felt a little buzz after that one drink. My friends got a 'Honey Money' which was good and a 'Pomegranite Kiss' which was served in an ICE GLASS and was UH-MAY-ZING!!! Totally recommend those two drinks, just not mine. My friend and I also shared the calamari which was ok, and the Pizza Gregorio which was pretty bomb. Most of the prices of each drink/item are about $10 or more.




Overall, I like this place...a lot! Not only is it pretty close to my house, but it's so chill and pretty inside. I am totally coming back with friends as a little getaway hangout to catch up and get some drinks.






You Just Do You, Imma Do Me
Camille