Monday, September 26, 2011

1321 Downtown- Taproom Bistro




Today I went to my friend's place of work called 1321 Downtown Taproom Bistro in Old Torrance. I always drove by this place, but never actually stopped by. The parking was pretty packed on Sartori street, but it was a pretty cute area filled with little shops and low key restaurants such as this one.




I went for the happy hour which is between 4-6. Not knowing what to order, I got the Chorizo Fries and the pink house wine. Not to mention I also had some of a friend's Hef and 2 shots of scotch with everyone in the group, there were 4 of us. First of all, I don't recall ever having scotch and second that's a lot of alcohol for me if you knew how I am now in regards to "alcohol". The chorizo fries were really good especially because I was craving some chorizo for awhile, the hot fries were ok, and the mac & cheese I tried was also really bomb. The prices for the drinks such as 1/2 off beers/wines/well drinks were $5, and the appetizers were pretty decent too, about $5-$10.




Overall I like how low key this place is, it's a great location to chill with friends and catch up. There are some TV's around the area showing any major sports games and the low lighting makes it very personable. It seems like something set from a NY scene with all the brick decor and dark furniture. The service was great, and everyone there is pretty laid back. I wouldn't mind definitely going back there. And who can complain for some Monday night tipsy-ness?!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me