Friday, December 23, 2011

WATCH THE THRONE!!!




This post is LONG OVERDUE!!! Anyways, I went to Watch the Throne on the last day, Tuesday December 13 at Staples Center. I got to sit at Premiere 9 area, which was a good distance though I wish I was closer to the stage.





Starting off, Jay-Z and Kanye were on 2 different square stages that rose from the ground. Not only did they perform songs from Watch the Throne, but they also did their own songs which was amazing. I have to be honest, I don't know all their songs necessary especially for Watch the Throne, but you'd be surprised how much I do know.





Crazy thing was on the Premiere floor, I walked right past Usher who was in like an all red fit. The craziest thing was that people hardly noticed it was him, and he was like my height in heels, which is like 5'6. At the concert, Kanye pointed out Drake, Big Sean, and said Kid Cudi was in the audience as well. Tell me why after Kobe and Vanessa's divorce hit the papers, it also pointed out that he was at the same exact concert as well! I will never meet freakin Kobe Bryant, gosh darn!





Though I admit I might not ever pay that much again for a rap concert, I do give the show props for the amazing light show they put on. Some big bucks were spent on that, you could definitely tell. I also give props to Jay-Z and Kanye for sounding exactly like how you hear them on the radio.




To end the show, everyone was anticipating NIGGAS IN PARIS since the days before, they did the encore of that song, first 5 times, then 9 times. Because it was the last show in LOS ANGELES, they first performed the song twice. With people cheering for an encore, they came back out and performed it 8 more times making it a record 10 TIMES! What was cool was that for the video to this song, the footage from that concert, with them performing it 10 times will be featured! Hope I'm in it! ;P




Overall the concert was definitely an experience. I had a lot of fun with my friend who went with me, just dancing and singing (well rapping) along. Towards the end got a bit dangerous though when haters from the upper deck threw a plastic cup of alcohol down in our section, then proceeded to actually throw a glass cup that almost hit us! First of all, thank goodness nothing happened; secondly: good thing you didn't show your face; third: how the heck did you get a glass cup?! Guess next time if I'm ever at a rap concert, I'll be up close and personal so you can't even try to touch me!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille