Tuesday, November 8, 2011

FOR THE RECORD: TARANTINO IN CONCERT




Last Thursday I had the pleasure of attending For the Record: Tarantino in Concert at Barre in Los Angeles. Though I admit I'm not a die hard fan of Quentin Tarantino, I do love musical shows. This show combined eating and drinking with a show -> Score. The show was sold out that night and Barre is a pretty cramped place with small tables and unstable seats. I ordered the Blueberry Lemondrop which was very sweet with the Hot & Spicy Fries and the Kobe Sliders which were both okay.




The cast for that night's show included: Lisa Datz, Rogelio Douglas Jr., Ben Goldberg, RaShonda Johnson, Ginifer King, Tinuke Oyefule, Darryl Semira, and Von Smith. The entire cast was absolutely amazing! All were very charismatic and had great voices. Don't get me started on Von Smith, his voice was completely insane! His voice range can easily go from low to high, and when I say high, I mean SUPER HIGH.

SET LIST:

Overture
Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Reservoir Dogs
Hooked on a Feeling
Stuck in the Middle With You
Harvest Moon
I Gotcha


Pulp Fiction
Misirlou
Son of a Preacher Man
Lonesome Town
You Never Can Tell
Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon
If Love is a Red Dress (Hang Me in Rags)
Flowers on the Wall


Jackie Brown
Across 110th Street
Long Time Woman
Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Street Life


Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood


Kill Bill: Vol. 2
She's Not There
Goodnight Moon
Satisfied Mind


Death Proof
Chick Habit
Baby, It's You
Down in Mexico


Inglourious Basterds
The Man with the Big Sombrero
Cat People (Putting Out Fire)





Even though the size of Barre is pretty small, what makes it unique is that there is no bad seat in the house. Wherever you may be sitting at, you are able to see and enjoy every minute of the show because it takes place throughout the place, not just at the front stage. Overall this experience was amazing, I know this show is destined to become a huge success.






You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille