Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bar Hopping in Downtown Los Angeles!




On Friday I finally went bar hopping in Downtown LA! Hanging out with my twin, we took the streets in pursuit of celebrating life. Our first stop was Las Perlas, this Mezcal bar. I had been wanting to come here for awhile, and finally had the chance to. First thought was this place is pretty small! I ordered 4 drinks: Poblano Escobar, Spicy Margarita, La Muchacha, and El Sueno. Out of all the drinks, I liked the Spicy Margarita the best. The other drinks were pretty strong, and just didn't taste good to me, maybe it's an acquired taste. Confession: I'm not a tequila fan in general, so I know I had no business going to Las Perlas, but I'm was being open minded. For 4 drinks, it cost me about $60 with tip. At least I can finally say I went to Las Perlas.




Across the street, we then went to The Association. Behold for right when you walk into the door, DARKNESS. There were chandeliers on the ceiling that reminded me of those in Chinese restaurants. Overall I liked the vibe of this place, they were playing like old school music, even disco! I definitely want to go back there.




A few minutes later, we hopped on next door to go to Varnish. The name sounds enticing right? NOT. To get to Varnish, you need to walk through Cole's and head straight to the back. When you open a secret door that's unlabeled, it's this very small room that has tables of people just drinking and talking. Very very plain, so we headed out after a few minutes.




Next stop: The Perch. I heard great things about this place so I was looking forward to it. It's a French place that located on the rooftop. Following "the bird", we made it to the roof and enjoyed the beautiful DTLA views for a little bit. I also want to go back there and lounge around for a bit with a larger group of friends.




Fifth destination: Salvage. This definitely had a rage name, so I made sure before we stopped over if there were some beats and yes there was. Finally a place that has some tunes! All these bars don't! We stayed for a little bit sipping, talking, and doing some damage on the dance floor! Just kidding...there was this maniac on the dance floor though if I do say myself who was going all out! Haha.




So my first official night of going bar hopping in DTLA was definitely fun! Not only did I experience new drinks and places, but the great thing about it over there is that everywhere is right by each other MINUS the Hollywood traffic! We only had to pay $4 for parking for the first 3 locations, and nothing afterward. What's also great about the bar scene is the NO COVER POLICY! WOOHOO! I totally recommend bar hopping there when you have a chance, there are so many low key spots that need to be explored!




You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille