Friday, July 13, 2012

JENNIFER LOPEZ AND AMERICAN IDOL PART WAYS



Now one day after fellow judge Steven Tyler announced that him and American Idol are parting ways, Jennifer Lopez is now following suit. Both her and Steven joined the judges panel for seasons 10 and 11 of the talent competition which brought a much needed makeover to the show. This past season 11 had the lowest viewer ratings in American Idol history.




"Something had to give, something has to give. I was really dreading this phone call with you. I honestly feel the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that you do, and you have to pay attention to that, too. I could keep doing Idol for the rest of my life, but that would be giving up a bunch of other things. I feel like we had an amazing run. No matter what you guys need over there, I'm always going to be here. I feel there's that tie there. I just can't be there every day like I was for the last two years. It's just one of those special things in your life you don't want to walk away from," she added tearfully."




American Idol has definitely catapulted Jennifer Lopez into a super mega-star! Not only has she been on top of the charts again, but where do you not see all these Jennifer Lopez endorsements? She's seriously in like everything! I feel that through the show, Jennifer Lopez has definitely humanized the celebrity we usually refer to as JLo. She sympathized a lot with the contestants. Since she's not going to be a judge anymore, she said how open she was to being a mentor for one of the weeks while working with the contestants on the show. I know she would be a great fit!




Now for the future of American Idol, where will it head to now? Technically, Randy Jackson is the only judge left, let alone the original! I feel for American Idol to continue competing with other talent competitions, they need to start on a clean slate. Yes I said it, bring 3 new judges to the table! Stay tuned!





You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille