Tuesday, July 3, 2012

ANDERSON COOPER PUBLICLY ANNOUNCES HE'S GAY



When this news came out, no one was really surprised...well I wasn't at least. There has been speculation for some time now that Anderson Cooper was already gay, but it just remained a big question mark. I mean even though he is ridiculously good looking, and dresses well does not mean he is gay. I think for me, I kind of speculated when I saw how obsessed he was with The Real Housewives series on BravoTV. But nonetheless I didn't really care because he was a great reporter.




Anderson Cooper officially "came out" to a fellow gay journalist Andrew Sullivan who has a column on The Daily Beast website. “The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud. By remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something — something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true. I’ve always believed that who a reporter votes for, what religion they are, who they love, should not be something they have to discuss publicly."




With that statement, I completely agree on Anderson's stance on that. He is and will always be known as an impeccable journalist. No one has the right to judge anyone, especially their sexual orientation. Anderson has been linked to a bar owner at East Village bar by the name of Benjamin Maisani. I really admire Anderson on his work ethic and the fact that he's able to let his career outshine while keeping a very private personal life. He will always be a silver fox to me!






You Just Do You, Imma do Me

Camille