Sunday, July 8, 2012

ANN CURRY GETS DEMOTED OFF THE TODAY SHOW



On Thursday, June 28th, Ann Curry took her last bow was co-host of the Today show. It was very emotional seeing her address the situation where she basically got demoted from co-host to the NBC News super-correspondent as she will look over her own team of journalists.




"This is not easy to say, but today will be my last morning as a regular co-host on Today. I am so grateful, especially to all of you who watch… We often call ourselves a family, but you [viewers] are the real ‘Today Show’ family...I loved you, and I wanted to give you the world, and I still do. For all of you who saw me as a groundbreaker, I’m sorry I couldn’t carry the ball to the finish line. But man, I did try.”




Though there was speculation for some time due to low ratings on the show and lack of chemistry between the co-hosts, this news was not only very shocking, but in a way emotional. I look up to and admire Ann Curry as a respected journalist, and to see a situation not work out ON NATIONAL TELEVISION is just heartbreaking and a low blow. Seeing her farewell segment, got me emotional because you could really feel her true spirit. I could only imagine getting to the highest level in your career, it not working out according to the "higher-ups", then you getting demoted AND having it done publicly! Nonetheless, I will be rooting for Ann Curry.


Natalie Morales has now taken over the position of Today co-host along with Matt Lauer and Al Roker. We'll see if the Today Show has better ratings now that Ann has stepped down...I LOVE YOU ANN CURRY!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille