Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Do Over - LA's Day Party



So I don't know how long The Do Over has been around for, but all I can say is that I know it's been longer than my cousin and her husband got married, because that's where they met! Anyways, to continue my best friend's birthday festivities, we decided to hit up The Do Over at Lure, which was formerly Cabana Club (aka The Most Ratchet Club in LA).




I'm so happy that LA has day parties, because it gets old going out at night and takes me back to my second home, Vegas. I actually prefer day parties more than night parties any day, I mean at least you have more time to recover so you don't feel like complete crap the next day.




So back to The Do Over! I highly suggest coming here if you're all girls because, you don't have to wait in line! Yes, that is true, just walk straight to the front basically. It was a bit slow in the beginning and ridiculously hot, so my friend and I went inside and shared a carafe of sangria which was $30! Yes, the drinks are pretty expensive there! The sangria though was pretty good, everyone who was there seemed like they had at least a glass.




The good thing about day parties without a pool is that you can dress pretty regular and no one would care. I mean my friend and I didn't look completely helpless, but I like how comfortable the environment was. If I were to describe the types of people in regards to race who went there, it would be mainly asians and blacks. The one factor that is probably the deciding factor if I would ever go to The Do Over again is the music selection. I really don't know how to describe it, but I did not like the music at all! I mean people were dancing, but I feel it was just because they were feeling kind of tipsy. I mean dancing is better than just standing around right?




If you are looking for things to do, definitely check out The Do Over at least once!





You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille