Sunday, January 1, 2012

RUSSELL BRAND FILES FOR DIVORCE FROM KATY PERRY




And with more couple news, Russell Brand has filed for divorce on Friday December 30th, from Katy Perry citing "irreconcilable differences". Though this may seem a shock to the public, many in the celebrity world are not surprised.




When the couple met on an awards show a few years ago, they both caught each other's eyes. From that moment on, their fast track to romance led to a lavish wedding ceremony in India. From the public eyes, and mine I saw them as an odd match. First off, Katy is utterly beautiful and Russell is not that attractive. But both seemed to compliment each other with their wittiness and sense of humor aspect.




But as I'm reading up on these divorce articles, it said that the two were complete opposites. Trying to tackle a sober lifestyle now, Russell was more of a homebody than Katy who enjoyed going out on the scene and partying it up. They would usually get into arguments regarding these matters on how Russell always wanted to leave early and Katy wanting to stay. Something that I did notice though was that they were hardly together it seemed. While he was off on film sets, she was touring all the time.




Though rumors have constantly been circulating on marriage problems, things became really suspect when Russell was off in London seen without his wedding ring and Katy was in Hawai'i on Christmas Day. I guess all that denying really caught up to them. Though they are getting divorced, Russell said in a statement to the AP, "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends." I honestly was shocked with this news after being married for a little over a year, especially because both claimed they became vegan after watching Forks Over Knives which I believe is a big step as a couple as one. Anyways, I should've known better, it's Hollywood peoples!






You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille