Saturday, August 20, 2011

WINSTONS WEHO




Last night I went to a bar in West Hollywood called Winstons for a friend's birthday. This was my first time ever at any bar in LA, so I know I had to check it out. My friend and I came there at about 10:30PM, and noticed there wasn't any action going on outside the place, so we figured there should be some form of life inside...WRONG.




I mean okay not literally, but the place was super empty, probably about 10 people including the bartender and DJ. Right when the birthday girl came, we all took a shot of PATRON (I can't handle tequila) and that's when the party started. They gave my friend free bottle service which included the usual orange and cranberry juice along with a bottle of Ketel One vodka. The guy serving us was very friendly, but what made Winstons a great place was the DJ! He was playing like all the best songs you actually would want to hear. There was no specific genre, it was just all over the place and very entertaining. Me and my girls could not stop dancing all night.




I recommend this place to go to with a group of friends. The atmosphere is pretty chill, but I wouldn't call it a location to meet people. Last night there were a lot of Asians, and in general no attractive people besides my girls of course haha. Plus the bar itself is very small, like an extended living room with a bar on one side and seating room with tables on the other side leaving a narrow strip called the dance floor/standing space that leads to the bathroom. The walls of the bathroom were covered with graffiti depicting sexual innuendos and such which were mildly entertaining. Winstons was a good time, but highly suggest rolling with a group just to chill and dance.





You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille