Monday, April 9, 2012

21 Jump Street Brings It!



About a week ago (I know I'm late again...), I saw 21 Jumpstreet with my dad. Though the choices for that weekend were between this movie and Casa de mi Padre, I'd been hearing great things about this movie, so I decided to go with this one.

Going into the movie, I seriously wasn't expecting much. Though I love the movies, the act of actually going to watch a movie at a theatre is becoming ridiculously expensive. I mean, I can seriously wait to watch the movie on Redbox for...ONE DOLLAR. Anyways, we caught the early showing ($6 woot woot), to avoid paying the entertainment inflation price.




I mean, of course this movie had to be somewhat pleasing to the eye with Channing Tatum in it. He is hot, I don't care what you think. Basically the movie is about how two guys who were not friends and polar opposites in high school, end up becoming friends while at the same police academy, helping each other in what the other lacks. Channing Tatum plays Jenko is the athletic type, and Jonah Hill play Schmidt has the brains; if you combine both, they are LETHAL...until they get their first job assignment and fail while being security officers at the park.

This brings them to 21 Jumpstreet (Korean Jesus inside joke), where their assignment is to go undercover as high school students. Though both were supposed to get another opportunity on where they shined in high school (Jenko=athlete, Schmidt=nerd), they end up switching their names and had to excel in completely different territories. Jenko was now enrolled in all these AP classes, and Schmidt was enrolled in athletic activities and drama. The fact that their roles ended up switching their "strengths" was GENIUS! This definitely made the movie more funny than I ever expected.




Their mission was to find the dealer and creator of this drug that was going around amongst the high school students. This takes the audience into just an uproar of laughter, where the culprit remains mysterious throughout the entire movie. I'm so glad I decided to see this movie, I was laughing non-stop, and it was such a great surprise in a good way. So if you're looking for a great movie, with great laughter, Channing Tatum's hot self, and a cameo from 21 Jump Street original member Johnny Depp, you definitely need to see this!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille