Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW 2012 RECAP!




First off, let me give a little shout out to the NY GIANTS!!! Growing up, I was "raised" to be against any team from the Boston area, and yes that includes the New England Patriots. And if you may ask, I am still totally against Tom Brady for leaving his ex-pregnant-wife for the ultimate supermodel Giselle Bundchen.




Now back to the relevant topic, the Super Bowl Halftime Show! So there was much anticipation with Madonna headlining the most watched halftime entertainment show, averaging 111.3 million views. But this year broke records, with 114 million people tuning in.




Madonna came out in Roman gear singing her old school hit "Vogue", then transitioned to her dance hit "Music". Then came the numerous guest appearances which definitely made the show for me. LMFAO was on was a good minute, and you know how much I LOVE THEM! Then Madonna sang her new single "Gimme All Your Love" with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., and closing the show with "Like a Prayer" with Cee-Lo Green.




Though I give props to Madonna for doing a good job performing, I felt the lip-syching was too fake! I'm pretty disappointed that LMFAO only got a minute of camera time, and M.I.A. who I also LOVE is now getting a bad rep for her obscurities! Recently releasing her "Bad Girls" video which is absolutely amazing and addicting to watch, she had definitely burst back on the music scene, but now she's getting such bad publicity. "Supposedly", M.I.A. flipped off the camera and said "I don't give a shit", which I did not notice at all. Not instead of Madonna becoming the memorable part of the halftime performance, it's now M.I.A.'s expletive gesture.




What I felt stole the show was the amazing stage presentation from the Moment Factory, everything was definitely on point and made the entire performance come together beautifully from a visual point of view. Check out the Super Bowl Halftime Show for yourself!









You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille