Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ricky Martin’s Twins: First Pictures!


Wed, 10 December 2008
Ricky Martin’s Twins: First Pictures!
Ricky Martin reveals the first photos of his 4-month-old baby twin boys, Valentino and Matteo, in this week’s People and Hola cover. Check out some interview snippets:
On being a hands-on parent: I don’t have a nanny. I’m doing this on my own because I don’t want to miss a moment. I have a personal assistant who helps me, someone who takes care of me while I’m taking care of them, but I’m the one who changes the diapers, the one that feeds them, the one that bathes them, the one that puts them to sleep.
On becoming a parent through surrogacy: Adoption was one option, but it’s complicated and can take a long time. Surrogacy was an intriguing and faster option. I thought, ‘I’m going to jump into this with no fear.’
On getting to know Valentino and Matteo: Valentino loves to sleep. I call him ‘Mr. Peace and Love’ because he’s so chill and serene. Matteo is more alert and active. He was up at 3 a.m. the other night and just hanging! (Justjared.com)